I love the holidays, but because of stupid school I don’t really get to experience my favourite parts until after exams (3 more days!!!). So while I’m stuck in Waterloo all I can do to get in the Christmas spirit is go to the mall (which I actually LOVE at christmastime!) and compile a list of my favourite things so that I’m well prepared to get festive as soon as I’m home.
- Snow on the ground and in the air. To be clear I mean snow. I do not mean slush or sleet or ice, I hate all of those things, but I love me some snow.
- Super cheesy made-for-tv christmas movies. The W network has some good ones this time of year.
- Baking, mostly I like telling my Mom what to bake, but its all the same.
- Christmas lights. When I was little my parents always drove through the neighbourhoods with the best decorations and it was always amazing. My Mom and I still always detour through the outrageously decorated neighbourhoods when we’re driving at night. Twinkle lights really make the world a better place.
- This song, it’s the best part of Meet Me in St Louis. You have to watch the whole movie to really get the full Christmas effect.
- Family time. Call me crazy and super cheesy, but I love it when my whole family gets together. It almost never happens. And now that I don’t live at home for most of the year, those couple of hours that everyone is sitting around a table at my Mom’s house arguing over hockey, dancing with the stars, and driving my mother crazy have become something I look forward to all year.
- Listening to Bill O’Reilly and Jon Stewart argue about the War on Christmas, it happens every year, and it’s always hilarious.
- And lastly, watching all my favourite, quality christmas movies: Love Actually, The Muppets Family Christmas Special, A Mom for Christmas and pretty much every christmas episode of Friends.